Commonly Misspelled Words
Format: Word/Misspelling(definition, if needed): Sentence
- Picture/Pitcher: I have a pitcher hanging on my
- Coma/Comma: I was in a comma for two months.
- Plague/Plage(a bright region of the sun caused by clouds
of two types of gases): Plages have dessimated
many human populations throughout history.
- Plains/Planes: I love to run around in the planes
and play in the dirt.
- Pi/Pie-The circumference of a circle is equal to the
product of its diameter and pie.
- Colonel/Kernel: My dad is a kernel in the army.
- Epilogue/Epic log(a really big log of wood): The epic
log of this book tied everything together.
- Won't/Wont(to do as a habit): I wont [to*] kill anyone.
- Role/Roll: What roll do you get to play in the
- Flour/Flower: I like to put extra flower in my
- Sky/Ski: I wish that I could be a bird and fly up high in
- Eyes/Ice: I see using my ice.
- Analyst/Analist(I'll give you a hint--backdoor): I am a
*If this sentence were to make sense using
"wont", "wont" would need to be followed by
Send your suggestions and comments to Matt.
Go Back to the Topics Page
Go Back to the Main Page