An MMF Scripting
- Let's code name the language MSL.
- Don't try to support objects.
Provide a mechanism for developers to make their objects
- Don't push the idea to Clickteam.
If MSL becomes popular enough, they'll jump on board.
- Each supporting object would
provide a structure to MSL that described what built-in
methods it supports and what functions it provided and
how to use them. Each function would probably have to be
of the generic form void * MyFunction(LPRDATA rdPtr, void
- Support generic types which are
defined based on some of MMF's built-in structures (rAni,
rMvt, etc.). If an object inidicates that it has these
(and wants us to use them), it will inherit some basic
- What basic types will be supported?
int, char, double, string, object, array, group?
- Will arrays be limited to only
holding one type of variable?
- Will types be strictly enforced?
- Will the user be able to define
their own types? class, struct?
- If they can make classes, will MSL
- User-defined functions are a
- All variables of type object must
be defined through MMF events and will be global.
- The user may specify a group, which
contains a bunch of objects, that can be treated like a
single object or like an array. Each object in the group
may be selected or unselected. Only selected objects are
acted upon when performing operations on the group.
More to come...